Rega has been stationed in the Simme Valley for almost 40 years. For the past 10 years, it has been taking off on air rescue missions from its own base in Zweisimmen. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the population for their support. In collaboration with our neighbor and partner Swiss Helicopter as well as the Swiss Helicopter Association, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, we are opening the hangar door of our helicopter base in Zweisimmen on Saturday, 13 May 2023, from 10 am to 6 pm.
Take a close-up look at Rega’s rescue helicopter, get an insight into the hangar with fascinating information and demonstrations, and find out first-hand about the everyday life of a Rega crew.
Numerous highlights await you for guests large and small:
- Rega helicopters Airbus H145 and AgustaWestland Da Vinci
- Exciting demonstrations and information
- Our operational partners of the Swiss Alpine Rescue ARS
- Round flights with our neighbor and partner Swiss Helicopter AG
- Children's entertainment
- Food stands for the hunger in between
How to get there: Free parking is available on the airfield grounds. These are signposted from the centre of Zweisimmen. The base is also a few minutes' walk from Zweisimmen railway station.
Come by – we look forward to your visit.