To ensure that Rega can provide a professionally run and suitably equipped air rescue service at all times in accordance with its objective as a charitable foundation, it needs private donations.
You can become a Rega patron by paying the following minimum donation:
- CHF 40.– for individuals
- CHF 80.– for couples (married/cohabiting couples or registered partners)
- CHF 80.– for families (parents with children who are under 18 on the day of payment)
- CHF 40.– for small families (single parents with children who are under 18 on the day of payment)
Patronage is valid for the current calendar year and starts with your payment. If patronage is not renewed it will expire on 15 May of the following year.
In grateful acknowledgement of patrons' support, Rega can, at its own discretion and within the bounds of its resources, waive or reduce the costs of any emergency services listed below that it has provided or organised on their behalf, in the event that insurance companies or any other third party are not liable to pay and thus not required to reimburse the costs of the rescue operation, whether wholly or in part. In all cases, Rega provides its rescue services and also, where appropriate, waives or reduces the costs thereof without any legal obligation. Rega may be hindered or prevented from carrying out rescue missions in particular due to operational, medical or meteorological reasons.
1. Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein
- Rescue flights and flights undertaken for medical reasons to the closest suitable hospital
- Rescue operations conducted by rescue teams of the Swiss Alpine Club SAC
- Search operations in cooperation with the police and other competent organisations, as long as there is reasonable hope that help can be given to the missing persons
- Evacuations and preventive missions in case of danger to life and limb
- Flights to recover dead persons after consultation with the competent authorities
Flights to recover injured, sick or dead livestock and transport them to the nearest location that is accessible by another means of transport, provided that the animals can only be recovered by helicopter and that the livestock owners are natural persons and Family patrons
- Advice in case of medical problems abroad provided by Rega’s emergency operations centre
- Medically indispensable repatriation flights to Switzerland for patrons resident in Switzerland or in the Principality of Liechtenstein as well as for Swiss nationals living abroad
Rega decides whether emergency assistance should be provided based on medical, social and operational considerations, and is responsible for determining how and when the mission should be carried out. Rega may commission other organisations to perform missions on its behalf. In order to have the required leeway in providing this assistance, the patron concerned authorises Rega wherever necessary to pass on personal and medical data to other parties directly involved (operation partners, physicians, insurance companies, etc.), both in Switzerland and abroad.
Rega’s rescue operation centre (phone number from within Switzerland: 1414; from abroad: +41 333 333 333) is available around the clock to anyone in need of help due to an accident or acute illness.
Updated on 01.01.2021