Conditions of Rega Patronage
In order to be able to provide a professional, round-the-clock and suitably equipped air rescue service in accordance with its purpose as a non-profit foundation, Rega is dependent on the financial support of its patrons.
You can become a Rega patron by paying the following minimum contribution:
Adults aged 18 and over
- Minimum contribution of CHF 40.–
- Patronage is valid for the current calendar year
- Patronage takes effect on the date of payment and if it is not renewed expires on 15 May of the following year
Children and young people up to their 18th birthday
- Free of charge
- Patronage takes effect on the date of registration and remains valid until 15 May following their 18th birthday
In grateful acknowledgement of patrons’ support, Rega can, at its own discretion and within the bounds of its resources, waive or reduce the costs of any emergency services listed below that it has provided or organised on their behalf, in the event that insurance companies or any other third party are not liable to pay and thus not required to reimburse the costs of the rescue mission, whether wholly or in part. In all cases, Rega provides its rescue services and also, where appropriate, waives or reduces the costs thereof without any legal obligation. Rega may be hindered or prevented from carrying out rescue missions in particular due to operational, medical or meteorological reasons.
1. Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein
- Rescue flights and medically indicated transports by helicopter to the nearest suitable hospital
- Rescue operations conducted by rescue teams from the Swiss Alpine Club SAC
- Search operations in collaboration with the police and other competent organisations, provided that there is reasonable hope of being able to help missing persons
- Evacuations and preventive missions where a threat to life and limb exists
- Flights to recover dead persons, after consultation with the authorities responsible
- Flights to recover injured, sick or dead livestock and transport them to the nearest location that is accessible by another means of transport, provided that the animals can only be recovered by helicopter and that the livestock owners are natural persons and Rega patrons
- Medical advice by Rega’s Operations Center in the event of medical problems arising abroad
- Medically indicated repatriation flights to Switzerland for patrons domiciled in Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein, as well as for Swiss nationals living abroad
Rega decides whether emergency assistance should be provided based on medical, social and operational considerations, and is responsible for determining how and when the mission should be carried out. Rega may commission other organisations to perform missions on its behalf. In order to have sufficient leeway in providing this assistance, the patron concerned authorises Rega wherever necessary to pass on personal and medical data to other parties directly involved (operation partners, physicians, insurance companies, etc.), both in Switzerland and abroad.
Rega’s Operations Center (emergency number from within Switzerland 1414, from abroad +41 333 333 333) is available around the clock to anyone in distress and in need of assistance due to a serious accident or acute illness.
Updated on 01.07.2022