Paramedic HF/HEMS crew member (HCM) – Job description
The paramedic (dipl. Rettungssanitäter/in HF) or HEMS crew member is a polyvalent team player with multitasking skills. In this versatile function, the main activities include the organisational as well as the situation-appropriate medical care of patients in cooperation with the emergency doctor. They also operate the rescue hoist, perform various tasks in the cockpit, communicate over the radio with the mission partners, and carry out other operational tasks in the helicopter together with the pilot.
- Completed training as a “dipl. Rettungssanitäter/-sanitäterin HF”
- After graduation at least 3 years’ work experience in the field of rescue
- Extensive technical understanding of general topics in the helicopter base
- Experience in mountain rescue service
- Successful completion of an aptitude test conducted by external specialists during the recruitment process
- Reliable and independent work
- Ability to work in a team and strong service orientation
- Ability to work under pressure, both physically and mentally
- Safe behaviour in rough terrain
- Very good communication skills in German and French
- PC user knowledge (Office 365)
- Between age 30 and 45
- Place of work: one of the Rega helicopter bases
- Must live within easy travelling distance of the helicopter base
- Positiv aeromedical certificate
In Switzerland, training to become a “Dipl. Rettungssanitäter/-sanitäterin HF” is carried out by a training institution approved by the Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology.
Rega does not train paramedics itself.