The helicopter flight physician is responsible for providing casualties with emergency medical assistance at the accident site, as well as attending to patients during primary and secondary missions. Their scope of activities also involves recovering patients from topographically difficult terrain by means of a rescue hoist. This applies explicitly from the time the patient is put into their care to when they are handed over to the medical staff responsible at the destination hospital.
- Swiss state examination or equivalent state-recognised diploma
- Swiss work and residence permits
- Driving licence, category B
- Place of work: Samedan helicopter base. At the other bases, the flight physicians are provided by the anaesthesia departments at the nearby hospitals, which have concluded collaboration agreements with Rega.
- FMH specialist in Anaesthesiology and/or Intensive Care Medicine (or equivalent)
- Emergency physician SSERM
- International Diploma for Mountain Medicine or completed course as a mountain physician
- Completed ACLS course
- Recommended: completed PALS and ATLS courses
- Ability to work under pressure, both physically and mentally
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility, reliability
- Accustomed to working independently
- Interest in emergency medicine and training activities